2021-09-22 14:06:54
新概念3Lesson60Too early词汇和句型15-19
15. The guest who arrives half an hour too soon is the greatest nuisance.
提前半小时到达的客人是最讨厌的。
(1)… too early / soon 早了……
He arrived ten minutes too early.
… too late 晚了……
He arrived ten minutes too late.他晚了十分钟。
(2)nuisance n. a thing, person or situation that is annoying or causes trouble or problems 令人讨厌的人或事
I don't want to be a nuisance so tell me if you want to be alone.
我不想成为一个讨厌的人,所以告诉我如果你想一个人呆着。
新概念英语网课
裕兴新概念英语第一册
新概念英语青少版1a
16. The only thing to do was ask them to come half an hour later than the other guests.
唯一要做的就是让他们比其他客人晚半小时来。
动词不定式做表语时, 若前面出现了实义动词 “do”,则常去掉 “to”
All I have to do is dream.我能做的就是做梦了。
The best thing you can do now is write her an apology.
你现在能做的最好的事就是给她写一封道歉信。
All I wanted was to help him.我想帮助他。
动词不定式做“except / but”的宾语时, 若前面出现了实义动词 “do”, 则常去掉“to”
They did nothing but / except complain.他们啥也不做,除了抱怨。
I’ve done everything you wanted but / except make the beds.
除了整理床铺,你想做的我都做了。
17. If you are catching a train, it is always better to be comfortably early than even a fraction of a minute too late. 如果你在赶火车,早一点总比晚一分钟好。
catch a train / bus / plane赶火车、公交、飞机
18.Although being early may mean wasting a little time, this will be less than if you miss the train and have to wait an hour or more for the next one; and you avoid the frustration of arriving at the very moment when the train is drawing out of the station and being unable to get on it. 虽然早到可能意味着浪费一点时间。但这比误了火车等上一个多小时坐下班车浪费的时间要少。而且可以避免那种正好在火车驶出站时赶到车站,因上不去车而感到的沮丧。
(1)than引导的比较状语从句也经常省略than从句的主语和相应的be动词。前提也是主从句主语一致。
全句为:Although being early may mean wasting a little time, this will be less than (it will be) if you miss the train and have to wait an hour or more for the next one; …
例子:He's never more annoying than when he's trying to help.他在帮助他人时从不恼火。
He's never more annoying than (he is) when he's trying to help.
Sometimes patients are more depressed six months later than when they first hear the bad news.
Sometimes patients are more depressed six months later than (they are) when they first hear the bad news.
有时病人六个月之后比第一次听到坏消息时更沮丧。
(2)pull / draw out of the station驶出站台
pull / draw in / into the station驶入站台
The train slowly drew in / drew into the station.火车缓慢地驶入站台
19. And even a harder situation is to be on the platform in good time for a train and still to see it go off without you.
更难堪的情况是虽然及时赶到站台上,却眼睁睁地看着那趟火车启动,把你抛下。
in good time (for sth.) (UK): 恰好就……
There wasn’t much traffic so we got there in good time.
交通不太拥挤,所以我们及时赶到了那里。
He arrived in good time for dinner. 他来得正是吃晚饭的时候。